- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your wiki takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Make lots of short pages! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple sentences. So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten really short pages, one right after another. Once you've started, you can build the pages up slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Link your pages together! Links help you and your readers get from one page to another, so whenever you mention the subject of another page, use the "Add a Link" button to make a link to that page. You should also use the front page to link to all of the most important pages on your wiki. Describe what your wiki is about on the main page, and include links to help your readers find their way around.
- Add pictures! A well-chosen picture can make a bland wiki page come to life. When you're writing a page, use the "Add a Picture" button to upload a picture from your computer onto the page.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your wiki to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
A good way to stay up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia is to visit our Staff blog. If at any time you get stuck, feel free to write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
Have fun!-- Sannse
True, but it's kinda funny when new user's don't understand it's automated, I've seen a few leave messages on the admin's on HP wiki pages, thanking them for welcoming them.....--BachLynn(Send an Owl!) 14:41, April 17, 2011 (UTC)
hey, nice wiki of yours! don't surrpose you could advatise my roleplay wiki?how do you like this?Did you enjoy Brians's series, Rewall?! If you did and would like to role play that series, visit our affiliates at the http://redwallroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/RedwallRedwall roleplaying WikiRedwall roleplaying Wiki]!!! </div>
I am totally going to LOVE THIS WIKI! Thanks for making it. I thought about it but i decided it might be to much of a hastle.
Hey Moodle! Where are you? You have not been doing much here recently.
Anithilian- Ithilian of Gondor 20:47, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
Ok. Just wondering why... ( =
Anithilian- Ithilian of Gondor 23:30, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Moodle. Would you like some help with stuff on here? I mean i don't know what i could do but if you need some help i would be glad to offer my assistance. Dont feel unable to reject my offer though. I won't be hurt. I'm just wondering if you might need some help. Considering your absence and maybe some stress by the expectations on other wikis. Just thought i should offer it. (Its not like i dont want to help)
The Original Writer... Anithilian 01:28, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
The Original Writer... Anithilian 17:48, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Moodle, how did you get the wiki background. I mean the picture.
I know, i have a wiki but every time i try to put a background on it says its to large. It has to be less then 200 pixels to fit.
The Original Writer... Cala'Quessir 21:36, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
CU Secret Santa Edit
Your assigned child for the CU Secret Santa is Sonofapollo. Please post the present on the Secret Santa forum no earlier or later than December 24th. Embrace your inner lunatic (Fun times guaranteed) 23:49, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
Hey moodle - I have a suggestion, you should make an admin request blog.
I AM THE ALMIGHTY CHICKEN 16:22, May 3, 2012 (UTC)